In our YPN Member Spotlight blog post, we highlight some of the accomplishments that members of our Young Professionals Network share with us.
This month, we’d like to offer congratulations to these members of the RBC/YPN community:
Achievements and Recognitions:
- Congratulations to this year’s class of 2015 Young Leaders as honored by the St. Louis American Foundation! This year’s winners include the following YPN Leadership 100 Members: Sarajeni Hammond, Director of Talent Management at Monsanto, Matt Nelson, IT Security Analyst at Express Scripts, LaTanya Reeves, Community Development Officer at Enterprise Bank & Trust, Wale Soluade, Corporate Inclusion & Diversity Manager at Commerce Bank, Kimberly Burke-Thomas, Project Manager at US Bank and Founder of QKE 4 Growth, Kristin Thompson, Financial Advisor at Renaissance Financial Corporation and Nicole Woodie, Community Outreach and Player Involvement Manager at the St. Louis Rams.
- Both Santiago Beltran, Logistics Planner / Business Analyst at Build-A-Bear Workshop and Arindam Kar, Partner at Bryan Cave, LLP were named as recipients of the St. Louis Business Journal’s esteemed 40 Under 40 recognition. Congratulations! Read more here
- Sheena Hamilton, Litigation Associate at Armstrong Teasdale, will be recognized by the St. Louis County Bar Association as the Association’s Roy F. Essen Outstanding Young Lawyer, an honor awarded to an attorney licensed less than ten years who has shown excellence and distinguished unselfish service to the community. Congratulations! Read more here
- Shertina Gillespie, Director of Systems Analysis – Data Quality & Analysis at MasterCard Worldwide, was recently appointed to the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri Board of Directors. Congratulations! Read more here
We’d love for you to be part of the YPN Member Spotlight, too. Tell us about your new promotion, if you landed a brand new position or if you launched another company. You can even announce your new baby, your volunteer efforts or your speaking engagements. Simply email the news to firstname.lastname@example.org by the last day of the month, and we’ll consider it for publication.
Be sure to include full information, including pertinent names, titles, companies/organizations and contact information.
We’re proud of how hard our YPN members work to make St. Louis a better place to thrive, and we’re excited to sound the trumpets in congratulations. Join me in offering best wishes to this month’s YPN members, and don’t forget to share your own good news by emailing email@example.com!
In our Good News Tuesday blog post each month, we highlight some of the accomplishments that members of our Young Professionals Network share with us.
This month, we congratulate these members of the RBC/YPN community:
- Todd Stadnik, Compliance Consultant, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Eydi Cavalieri Arriojas, Human Resources Coordinator, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Tasha Turner, Senior Analytical Chemist, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
We’re proud of how hard our YPN members work to make St. Louis a better place to thrive. Join us in offering best wishes to this month’s YPN members.
We’d love for you to be part of Good News Tuesday, too. Tell us when you’ve been promoted, if you’ve landed a brand new position or if you’ve launched another company. You can even announce your new baby, your volunteer efforts or your speaking engagements. Simply email the news to firstname.lastname@example.org by the last Tuesday of the month, and we’ll consider it for publication. Be sure to include full information, including pertinent names, titles, companies/organizations and contact information.
We at the Regional Business Council recently surveyed our 1200 Young Professional Network members. We conducted this survey to better understand who our members are and how they perceive the St. Louis region.
We know how talented and driven our members are so there weren’t many surprises in the survey data for us. Even so, we suspect that many people in the St. Louis area don’t know how amazing our YPN members are and we feel that it is our duty to get the word out about them. This is the reason we produced the survey and publish the results.
Here are a few highlights of the survey results that we feel tell the story of our YPN members.
YPN members are incredibly well educated. An overwhelming majority (94%) has at least a bachelor’s degree. 45% has a bachelor’s degree. Another 39% has gone on to pursue a graduate degree and 10% has completed post-graduate studies. The St. Louis RCGA reports that 29% of people over the age of 25 in St. Louis have at least a bachelor’s degree, which is above the national average. We don’t know of too many other professional networking groups that can boast these kinds of numbers.
St. Louis is Home
A majority of our members (51%) reported that they plan to live in St. Louis for at least the next 5 years. They love the city and think it is a great place to live now and to raise a family later. Top reasons cited for wanting to stay in St. Louis included: job opportunities, leadership opportunities within their companies, affordability and the family-friendly community.
So why do so many well-educated professionals who are passionate about St. Louis join the RBC’s YPN? The number one reason cited in the survey was the opportunity to meet other young professionals. Our members genuinely want to meet new people and foster deep relationships. They want to make new business connections and also see the YPN as an opportunity to meet company executives and community leaders.
We are really proud of our members and are always looking for quality young professionals to join our ranks. Do you believe that you would be a good fit? Sign up for our monthly newsletter and join us for our next event.